Thursday, April 5, 2012

That One Person

That guy over there, across the room? He's not my boyfriend. He's not my Significant Other. He's not my Life Partner, my Domestic Partner, my Business Partner or my Dance Partner. He's not my Bed Buddy or my Friend With Benefits.

No, wait. He's all those things. He's my husband.

Ah.

Makes you look at him a little differently, doesn't it? Makes you look at us, as a couple, differently.

Having a spouse means something. Being a spouse means something. It means something more than all those other things combined. Everyone deserves the right to have and to be a spouse. Every couple deserves the right to be – if they choose – married.

There's no better way to identify yourself with that One Person.


No, not that guy. The other guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment