Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Uni-tasking. Because multi-tasking leads to bourbon.

Time for a Mid-Year's Resolution: No more multi-tasking.

I read on the Internet (when I was supposed to be downloading registration forms for high school soccer) that when people are multi-tasking, they usually aren't doing two things at once. Most of the time they are task-switching -- stopping one activity to take up another. And it's not as efficient or effective as doing things one at time, to completion.

So from now on, I'm gonna be all about uni-tasking. If I go down to the basement to get a jar of Ragu from the pantry, I'm not going to throw in a load of laundry while I'm down there. 'Cuz if I stop to throw in a load of laundry, then I'm gonna have to unload Sweaty Soccer Boy's backpack. And that backpack is going to stink, so I'm gonna start hunting down the Febreze. And while I'm doing that, the hamburger browning on the stove is going to burn. And then I'm just gonna be pissed. And I'll want to skip dinner altogether and drink Bourbon Slushies all night.

So... Here's to Uni-tasking!!

And the first task on the list is... Make more Bourbon Slushies.

Hey, I know what my track record with resolutions is like. And if yours is the same, here's the recipe for Suz's Bourbon Slushies. (Try to say that after you've had a few and let me know how that turns out.)

2 liters ginger ale
1 liter bourbon
12 oz frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
12 oz frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
Mix all ingredients in a plastic 1 gallon+ pail. Freeze for 24 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with maraschino cherries (and a little cherry juice) and an extra splash of ginger ale (if it's too icy to sip).
 
Enjoy!


Bourbon makes almost everything better.
Bacon fixes the rest.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the bacon part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so-so until I read the bacon part and now you have me hook, line and sinker.

    ReplyDelete